Sunday, July 19, 2015

Family and Fourth of July

Well, we've been in the house for almost 4 months now.  We pretty much have all the rooms put together except the spare bedroom across from Andrew's room (which is now going to be the nursery), and the spare bedroom downstairs and the office.  My parents came here for the fourth of July weekend and helped with things around the house.

As most of you know, Matt and I have decided that I will be a stay at home mom.  My last day of work was June 30th.  It was bittersweet because I liked what I was doing but I am excited about staying home with Andrew and the new baby when it comes in December.  For now, I will just prepare the house for the new baby, spend time with Andrew by going to the library, the local pool, the parks and there are a couple of moms in the area that stay home too.  So we will have play dates with them and their kids.

Andrew's last day at daycare


He loves playing in the water

The group of kids at his daycare

Pregnancy has been going good.  In the second trimester and wearing maternity clothes.  I have actually been wearing them for a while now.  Doctors were right, you do show earlier and you do feel the baby earlier.  We had a baby appointment last week and they did a sonogram to check out everything.  The sonogram lady was trying to get the baby to move their leg to look and see.  The baby wouldn't move SO we have to wait another 6-8 weeks before my next sonogram.  I will be 20 weeks this Tuesday so halfway there! Overall the pregnancy has been going pretty well.

Fourth of July
My parents came up fourth of July week to spend a couple of days with us.  We got a new play set for Andrew, so my dad helped with that most of the time they were here.  My mom helped me clear out the new baby room, set up the crib and start making a garage sale pile.

All the pieces of the play set out in the garage.

My dad showed me how to cut Andrew's hair short.

Before

After


One day I took my parents to Garden City and we went to the Zoo.




For the fourth of July, we went over to Mark and Kathy's house (neighbors and Mark is Matt's boss) We grilled out, my mom made her yummy potato salad and I made some desserts.  We watched the Royals game till it was time to go outside and shoot off some daytime stuff.  Then around 9:30, we started shooting off the good stuff.  One of the nice things about living in a small town, is watching six other firework displays while shooting off yours.  The next day my parents headed home and we relaxed.  Matt had Monday off and we enjoyed having some family time.






Enjoy some pictures of little man!

Mowing with daddy

Taking a bubble bath, one of his favorite things to do.

Playing in a bounce house




Enjoy his doughnuts

16 weeks pregnant


Met up with the daycare group to see a fire truck

Sitting in a boom truck

 Met Grandma and Grandpa Harris at Dairy Queen


Playing at the park after Dairy Queen

Climbing like a big boy!





Helping mommy with the dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment