Monday, May 18, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

For Mother's Day weekend, last Friday night we took Andrew over to Grandpa and Grandma Harris' house to spend the weekend there.  We stayed, had dinner and watched the Royals game.

Saturday morning Matt and I slept in which was so nice! We headed to Dodge together so I could go to my eye appointment.  Then we shopped around in Walmart and took our time.  It's amazing how much you can remember or do when you don't have a 2 year around to say no to every min or tell them to sit down every min.  Love Andrew dearly, but it's nice to have Butch and Sandy so close :) After that, we went to Long John Silver for lunch, which was delicious! Not good for you but it was SO tasty! We then came home and watching the Royals game (no surprise!)

After the game, we headed to Menard's to pick out my Mother's Day gift.  Our kitchen doesn't really have a pantry and right now we are using a bookshelf as our pantry. So we were going to build a custom pantry but it was going to be way too expensive. Matt found these wonderful cabinets and we purchased one of each. We will place the double cabinet in the kitchen and the single cabinet in the laundry room.

Matt thought I would like them because of the antique country look I love!

After shopping we went to Old Chicago for dinner.  Love pizza so I was happy happy happy!
Then we headed home for the night.

Sunday morning Matt had to head into work because someone called in.  At first I was upset, but I forgot how much you can get done when you have the house to yourself.  Even though it was Mother's Day, I cleaned, vacuumed, dusted, did laundry, washed some dishes, cleaned up some rooms and it was nice! Around noon, Matt wasn't home yet so I headed over to Sandy and Butch's house to celebrate Mother's Day.  Matt made it over finally and brought his mother and I flowers! Very sweet of him! He also got a balloon for Andrew to give to me, but Andrew didn't want to share lol.

A collage I made for my mom for Mother's Day.

The balloon Andrew got me but wouldn't share.

Flowers from my wonderful husband.

Photo op with Andrew!




Gigantic card and balloon from Andrew

Later that night I had a s'more which was delicious!



The best news I could share the week of Mother's Day that I am pregnant! Being a mother of one is very awesome and I feel very blessed.  Being the mother of two has always been a dream of mine and I can't believe it will be coming true in December!




No comments:

Post a Comment