Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Goody Baking and Delivery

I knew once I had kids we would be starting some great traditions and memories.  Even though Andrew is too young to help me in the kitchen, I know maybe in the next year or two he will be able to help me.  This was my first time ever baking SO many goodies for the plates.  This took an entire Saturday and I was very tired by the end of the day.  Friday night I made the sugar cookie and chocolate cookie dough because I knew those needed to firm up in the fridge for a couple of hours.





Here is a list of the goodies I made:

White Chocolate Covered Pretzels
No Bake Cookies
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Christmas Sugar Cookies
Marshmallow Pops
Spreads
Fudge

I wanted to make a couple of other things but by dinner time, I was tired and done! I started out making the Spreads.  Most of my recipes came from my Pioneer Woman Year of Holiday cookbook.  I will also share links to the recipes on her website.



Spreads


The spreads are in the middle.  You basically make a huge cookie and then cut it up into pieces.

Fudge


Marshmallow pops


Chocolate Cookies with Peppermint frosting


Dipping the cookies

Festive colors!

Matt's favorite, white chocolate covered pretzels!

Christmas Sugar Cookies


Assembling the plates

Big pile of no bake cookies

One side of the finished plates!

and the other side!

All the finished plates!

and the leftovers for us :)

After I baked all day Saturday, we delivered everything on Sunday after church to family members and friends.  This is definitely a tradition I would love to keep going!








No comments:

Post a Comment