Tuesday, June 18, 2013

First Father's Day

This past weekend, Matt celebrated his first Father's Day!  Being a parent is an amazing feeling. Watching Matt transition into a father has been one of the many joys in my life.  I have watched him take care of Andrew when he has "bubbles" aka has to burt, change some ok diapers and some not ok dirty, stinky diapers!  They talk to each other and have the greatest conversations.  Matt will ask Andrew how he's doing and Andrew will respond with an "Uuuu" or an "Aaahhh".  When Andrew and I talk, usually he will start the conversation and I will ask him "What else?" as if he is telling me about his day.  He definitely is "talking" more and more each day.


On Father's Day morning, I woke up at my usually time of 6:50 am.  Made Andrew a bottle, fed him and then we played from a little bit.  Around 8 am we went to wake daddy up to give him his gift.  Loved how his gift turned out!  We (Jean and I) placed some paint on Andrew's foot (left one of course) and printed it onto a canvas.  Thanks for the help Jean! Then I painted a rocket ship, a moon, and some stars around his footprint.  I always say "Love you to the moon and back" to both of them, so I thought it would be a cute saying to put on the canvas.


After daddy opened his gift, I made some waffles, sausage and eggs for breakfast because that's what daddy wanted.  We then headed to church.  I had to work the Kingdom Kids desk for the second service, so Matt took Andrew home for a nap.  They picked me up after second service and we headed to the new Chinese buffet over by the Great Mall for lunch.  That place was very good and I recommend trying it out!  It's where the Red Lobster used to be. After that, Matt needed to drop off his hours and handheld at the plant and then we headed to my parents house.

We went to my parents house to see my dad for Father's Day.  Andrew also made grandpa a gift.  We (Jean and I) once again painted Andrew's feet and placed them on a canvas.  Then I took some paint and painted a heart around his footprints.  Then I wrote 'The best DADS get promoted to GRANDPAS'. Grandpa Kreutzer liked it a lot.  The week before we celebrate Father's Day with Matt's family.  Andrew made Grandpa Butch something too! We (Jean and I) placed his hand print on a baseball.  Then wrote 'Happy Father's Day, Love, Andrew' on it.  Since Grandpa loves baseball so much, we thought that would be a great addition to his collection.


My sister and grandma came over to my parents house also.  We all chatted for awhile, then Matt, Andrew and I headed over to my Aunt's house to say hi and pick up some 4th of July clothes she bought him.  Caught up with my aunt and uncle, then headed home! Here are some pictures to enjoy of our time at my parents house.


Grandpa and Andrew


Happy Father's Day daddy!

My two guys!

Three of my favorite guys!!!





Great Grandma Hamm feeding Andrew


But we couldn't get home till we stopped at Hy-Vee for some dinner for daddy!  He wanted a steak and some apple crisp.  We picked up a couple more things at the grocery store then headed home.  I grilled and cooked up dinner for the both of us while Matt relaxed and watched TV. The steaks were delicious by the way! Before you knew it, it was Andrew's bed time. We put Andrew to bed and then Matt and I played some video games.  We topped the night off with some yummy apple crisp! Matt said it was a "Perfect ending to a perfect day!" :)


No comments:

Post a Comment