Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hope my thirties will be as awesome as my twenties!!!

Went to college, moved out of my parents, got my first apartment, met some great people in college, went to over 100 KU basketball games, graduated college, catered food to the 2008 National Champs, bought my first car, moved to Overland Park, got my first job as a designer, met some more awesome people, bought my first house, met an amazing guy, found the perfect job, married that amazing guy, got some pretty cool added family members, got pregnant, and became a mom all in my twenties!!! Can't believe I turned 30 last week!

On September 1st, it was my mom's birthday so we went over to my parents house to celebrate both of our birthdays together.  My parents ordered pizza and I helped my mom make a salad.  Our Grandma Hamm, Aunt Audrey Uncle Bob, Renee and Mark came over to celebrate as well.  We bought Andrew a highchair to keep at my parents house so he could eat with everything too.  I think he was still the highlight of the day.  He was gnawing on a piece of celery and a stick of carrot while we were there.  We think he is teething.  Before we know it he will have a tooth coming in.  
After we ate dinner, my mom and I opened up our cards and presents.  My parents got me an I-Pad for my birthday but I think it is more for Andrew.  It has a lot of baby games on it and some games for Matt and I.  Mostly I got money for my birthday and I plan on getting a new phone with it.  Just need to figure out if I want to get an I-Phone or a Samsung Galaxy 4.  We got my mom a gift card to get a pedicure at her favorite place, Nails So Happy, at the Legends. 
Instead of a cake my mom got everyone cupcakes.  I thought it was a great idea because then everyone could have whatever flavor they wanted.  Everyone got two cupcakes.  I picked Grasshopper and Red Velvet.  The Grasshopper was like a mint chocolate chip cupcake.  the frosting top was a mint flavor with a hard chocolate top and a chocolate cupcake.  They both were delicious.  Overall we had a great time at my parents house as always.  Here are some pictures from that day.



Look I can stand with help!

Walking with help from grandpa lol!

These were my cupcakes!


This was my moms cupcake!





Our happy little family!

The banner that my dad gets out every year for everyone's birthday

Last Friday, September 6th, was my birthday.  I had to work but it was a pretty slow day.  My sweet friend Jean Widener brought lunch over for me.  It was nice to catch up with her and see Kendall, her 11 month old daughter.  Her other two kids were at home with great grandma.  Friday night Matt, Andrew and I just relaxed at home since we knew we were going out Saturday night for my birthday.  Matt brought home an awesome cake!  He also got me M&Ms, a card from him and a card from Andrew!



Love getting cards!

Matt's parents came up for the weekend and watched Andrew for us all day Saturday!  I went to a women's conference for our church Saturday morning while Matt was working.  The conference was amazing and very inspirational.  The speaker was very passionate about helping inner city kids know God and getting them on the right track.  After the conference I ran a couple of errands then came home to an empty house!  Let me tell you, that is weird!  I felt like I had something to do but I knew I didn't.  The dishwasher could have been emptied but I didn't do it.  I tried to take a nap but just ended up watching TV.  Matt got off work early, which was sweet of him.  He was home around 4 and we left around 5 to head to the Cheesecake Factory.  
YUM!!!!  I have been waiting for a very long time to go to there and was so excited when I planned my birthday dinner.  I knew exactly where I wanted to go.  It was an all grown ups no kids dinner.  So I knew mostly everyone would have to find a babysitter.  Thank you to everyone that came to my birthday party!  I had an awesome time at dinner, ordered some spicy shrimp tacos and of course some cheesecake!!!  Caramel Turtle Pecan Cheesecake!!!! Our waitress was nice enough to write on my plate.

The ladies!

April and I

Matt was pinching me

My awesome husband!

April and Louis

Mitch and Carolyn

Craig and Kelsea

Stephanie and Mike

YUMMY!!!


After dinner, some of us went bowling.  Again, I had an awesome time!  Didn't bowl so well but still had an amazing time!

Bowling in a dress is not comfortable... so I changed!

April had a casualty, she broke a nail during bowling :(




I had a lot of dashes on my third game :(

The 30 bags of M&Ms April Wilner got me! My favorite!!!

On Sunday it was the first day of regular season football.  So Andrew was in a couple different outfits.  He started the day out in his 49ers jersey, then he switched over to his Steelers onesie (that is a little big on him still) then when the 49ers game started we switched back to his jersey and then when we got home from Myranda's birthday party he was in just a diaper! 

Andrew is doing great by the way.  He is getting really close to holding the whole bottle during a feeding.  Although he just wants to play with the bottle, I have to keep him focused on drinking the bottle.  We started giving him "puffs" last week which will be good for him to start learning how to chew/pick up his food.  He is slowly growing out of 3-6 month clothes.  They are just getting too short for him.  We are mainly on 6 months clothes.  He has 9 month clothes but they are mostly winter clothes.  Andrew is also able to stand up for a short period of time with help of course!  He is also clapping his hands more and more each day.

The jersey my Aunt Deann got Andrew.  She is also a 49ers fan!

The helmet Matt's cousin Jennifer made Andrew!


 Steelers or 49ers???

I don't know who to cheer for mommy???

Daddy and Andrew

Back of his jersey

Helping mommy cheer for the Steelers!

Matt is on vacation this week and since I am working from home I really can't take time off.  No one is here to watch my computer/orders while I am gone.  Matt and I are very excited about this weekend! We are going to Omaha for a mini vacation.  It will be Andrew's first trip to a zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment