Wednesday, May 15, 2013

First Mother's Day

You know that feeling you get when someone surprises you with something, or gives you a call just to say hi or even blowing out your birthday candles? Just that warm, fuzzy, special feeling inside your heart that makes you smile :)  That is how I felt this past weekend for Mother's day.  Being a mom is an awesome feeling!

Saturday morning I had to go to a dentist appointment and run some errands, so my parents came over to the house to watch Andrew.  Before they came over, Matt called me and said that he wanted to come home for lunch to grab some papers for work.  Well little did I know he brought home some beautiful flowers from Andrew for Mother's Day!  I felt so special and they smelt so pretty.  He also brought some lunch home which was very sweet of him!


After Matt left to go back to work, my parents came over to watch Andrew.  They just have a ball whenever they are around him!  It is so awesome to watch them be grandparents.  The way they act and play with Andrew just puts a smile on my face!  They are going to spoil him to death! Yes, Andrew is there first grandchild and hopefully not their last!





These are some pictures my dad took of Andrew that morning.  Love his smile and I can't wait to hear him laugh!






After I ran my errands, came home and started working on dinner.  Since Matt was still working, my dad helped me out by grilling.  We had hamburgers, brats, hot dogs, chips, potato salad, beans, brownies and cake to eat! It was all delicious! Then we opened up some gifts.  My sister, mom and grandma gave me all a Mother's Day card and they all said Happy 1st Mother's Day in them! Going back to that warm fuzzy feeling in my heart :) My grandma gave me a knock out rose bush that we planted in the front of the house.  My sister and I gave my mom some flowers and a Shutterfly photobook.  The photobook had pictures of my sister and I from when we were little up till current pictures.  It also had a section in the back of being a grandma for the first time and pictures of Andrew.  Every time I made a Shutterfly book, she would always ask me if she could keep it.  So I finally made her one of her own and she could show everyone pictures of Andrew.  She is such a proud grandparent!  All in all I had a fabulous 1st Mother's Day weekend and I can't wait for what the future holds!















No comments:

Post a Comment