Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mini Trip to Saint Louis

For Matt's birthday I got him just a little paper present.  Nothing much to the present but the experience was awesome!!! I took Matt to his first regular season 49ers football game ( go me on the wife points but who's counting). My parents came up on Sunday to watch Andrew while we went to Saint Louis. We headed to Saint Louis and on our way we stopped at an antique shop. One of our favorite things to do.  Matt goes to look at the sports memorabilia and I shop for cute knick-knacks for the house. On this trip I found a cute Christmas "PEACE" sign, a green wire basket that I haven't decided what I am using for yet, and a couple of small signs for the laundry room.



This was one of the laundry signs I got.



I really want to get this but everywhere we go it's priced very high.


We headed to our hotel to check in.  We stayed at the Hampton Inn and the front desk lady informed us that they bake fresh cookies from 8-9 pm.  I was super excited about some milk and cookies. Pretty much because I didn't have to share them with a certain little kid.  I could eat a whole cookie by myself!!!  Sorry if that sounds mean, but some moms would understand! After that exciting news, we went up to the hotel room and relaxed.  Once our tummy's started rumbling, we decided to go eat.  We chose Crackle Barrel and I got me some chicken 'n dumplings.  They just warmed my little belly up, so good!

Matt and I tried this game.  He had two left and I had three.

We had this set growing up.  My sister and I played it all the time!

Loved this sign

Tastes like chocolate covered bacon, weird.

Our yummy cookies! Chocolate chip, oatmeal, snicker doodle and white chocolate chip.


We headed back to the hotel and relaxed for the rest of the night.

The next morning, we slept in!!! It was a glorious thing. Sleeping in till 9 am is a rare thing right now.  I don't know if I will ever be able to sleep past 9, but I will take it when I can get it. Ate breakfast and headed out to another antique mall. Even though we aren't there yet, this is what Matt and I will be doing once we retire.  Hit every antique mall across the country in our RV! It's very relaxing and cool looking at the antiques. It may not be for everyone, but we enjoy it or we're just getting old lol!  This trip I found a a bucket that I am going to use as a utensil holder and a Pepsi truck for Andrew.  Matt found a bobblehead for his dad, shocker I know :)








We then proceeded to go to Pappy's Barbecue for lunch.  I had been hear before but not Matt.  We waited at least 30 mins in line before we placed our order and it was Monday lunch time! Worth the wait for me.  It was delicious! I got the rib sandwich with fried corn on the cob (yes you read that correctly) and Matt got brisket sandwich with potato salad and fried corn on the cob.  The corn on the cob was probably my favorite thing.  The rib meat had a bit too much salt/rub on it for me but the meat was very tender.

The line after we got inside from standing in line.

Fried corn on the cob is very good!

While we were eating, Navaro Bowman from the San Francisco 49ers came in to eat. He's currently hurt which would make sense why he came by himself.

He is a picture of his back lol.

After eating when went back to the hotel to relax before heading to the football game. We headed to the football game and had a blast! Even though the 49ers didn't play very well in the first quarter, they won 31-17.  I was a 49er fan for 24 hours :) Here are some pictures from the game, by the way we were on TV a couple of times!

Our seats were awesome by the way!




Jim Harbaugh the 49ers head coach

Colin Kapernick, the 49ers quarterback





These guys were awesome!





49ers win = happy husband

No comments:

Post a Comment