Monday, September 8, 2014

Labor Day and Birthday Weekend

Last weekend on Saturday we went to the Royals game with Matt's parents, and Andrew's cousin's Myranda and Preston.  We got there early so we could get the Mr. Royals bobblehead.  After that, we hung out in the consession area, ate dinner and waited for the game to start.  Andrew had a blast running around in a back area with his cousin's and grandma.  He needed to burn off some energy anyways.  Once the game started and the sun went down, it was a real nice night of baseball.  The game ended up going into extra innings and we left once the 10th inning started since we had to drive to my parents house.  The Royals ended up loosing to the Indians but we still had a great time!

Sunday morning my mom made breakfast for us and my dad.  Then my sister came over and took Andrew's 18 month pictures.  Here is a link to the pictures:


After she took the pictures, we headed to The Legends to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse for my mom's birthday. We ate a delicious meal, I got the salmon as always and our waitress brought out a ice cream birthday dish which I thought was pretty awesome!


After lunch, my parents took Andrew back to their house for his nap and my sister, Mark, Matt and I went shopping! I knew I wanted to get some new tennis shoes and a purse for my birthday so we headed to Off Broadway shoe first.  They were having a buy one shoe get another half off sale so I go two pairs of shoes :)  I had never been to the Coach outlet store yet so my sister and I headed their next while Matt and Mark went somewhere else.  I found a purse that I liked but didn't want to spend the money on it.  So then we headed over to Charming Charlies after that and I found a purse that I really liked!

My birthday presents! Thanks hunny!




After shopping we headed back to the house and relaxed.  We got Pizza Hut for dinner, then sang my mom Happy Birthday and had some chocolate cake. My Aunt Audrey came over to visit for a little bit.  It was nice to spend time with family for my mom and I's birthdays!

Monday morning we had breakfast then packed up the car and headed over to Mike and Stephanie's house for their Labor Day BBQ.  We went to Jason's Deli for lunch, we wanted to eat healthy for lunch since we knew we were going to pig out for dinner :)
After lunch, Mike and the kids went fishing at Jon and Leslie's house, Matt and Butch went to their Antique mall place and Stephanie cut my hair. Thanks Steph!
Once it got closer to 5 pm, everyone showed up.  We had great fellowship and food! There was hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, chips, mac 'n cheese, creamy corn, beans, brownies, and a cream cheese brownie dish! Everything was delicious and it was another great day spent with family and friends!

This past weekend was my birthday!  Saturday morning my friend April Wilner came to visit us! (Thanks again for visiting us!) Matt got off early and we went to Buckingham BBQ for lunch.  It was pretty good, the brisket was a little dry but I really liked the beans and their sauce. Then we headed back home to drop Andrew and Matt off while April and I went shopping.  We went downtown to the District and walked around to the shops.  We stopped at one place called The Hot Box which is a cookie shop! I got an MnM, Snicker doodle, Oatmeal Raisin and Red Velvet.  I ate the MnM right away, it was still warm from the oven and so delicious!!!
After our cookie treat, we headed over to The Hearnes center to watch the Mizzou Women's Volleyball team play.  We watched 3 matches and still needed to go get pedicures so we headed out.  We went and got pedicures, picked up my ice cream cake from Dairy Queen and headed home to pick up Matt and Andrew for dinner.  We went to El Maguey Mexican restaurant for dinner and then Sam's Club to walk off some of the calories.  After that, we headed home to have some ice cream cake and go to sleep!  Overall I had an awesome birthday!

 My friend April came to visit me on my birthday! I felt special!

Our pretty toes from our pedicure!

April and Andrew lol

My cake from Dairy Queen :)

Andrew enjoyed the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment